A radiologist who treated kids shot at Stoneman Douglas High School explains in this chilling report the devastating effects of an assault rifle compared with typical guns, and makes a convincing argument for why they should not be available for sale – as well as asking;
- Why the ban on assault rifles was allowed to lapse in 2004?
- Why is the CDC is forbidden from researching gun violence?
- Shouldn’t second amendment advocates be willing to tolerate some infringement to keep school kids safe?
- Is teaching kids to run and hide or arming teachers really what we should do and not restrict guns?
- Focusing only on mental health/reporting strategies is not enough.